Packing your bags
Here is a list of some essentials to bring with you in Senegal :
- light and comfortable outfits fit for a hot and wet weather, but not too short or sexy to be suitable for a ride in town.
- a jumper and a windcheater, especially in winter when temperatures are lower. Trousers and long-sleeved clothes prevent mosquitos stings.
- Sun and heat protections : sunscreen, caps, t-shirts …
- a first aid kit to take with you during your day trips
- trousers, ankle-boots and socks if you want to walk in parks or in the bush
- insect repellent spray useful at dusk
- “Micropur” tablets to dissolve into water if necessary
- anti-malarial drugs and your current medication
Travel light, you can wash your clothes or use the laundry service at the campement, they will dry quickly under the sun of Popenguine !
Keep some room for all the souvenirs you will take back home !